Friday, March 31, 2006

Shiney New Hotmail!

Check that out! The new Windows Live Mail totally rocks!

Unfortuntely it only works in Internet Explorer, but it truely gives the feeling that Windows Live will be the IE "Killer Application".

This truely has the "look and feel" of a windows application and from my couple tests works great.

Obviously the first thing I check is how well the spell checking system works. Windows Mail Live has inline spell checking, so unlike gmail you don't have to click on the spell check button, but like Word if you spell a word incorrectly you get that red squiggly line underneath it. I instictively right-clicked on it and got exactly what I expected, a list of words to choose from. What I didn't expect was the option to "Ignore All" or "Add to Dictionary" both options which are not available in Gmail.

I've also signed up for the hosted service and have stuck one of my domains up. It will be interesting to see how that turns out :)

5 Comments:

At 7:50 AM, April 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Windows live so far is very slow and pretty much terrible due to this fact. Why is MS making everything "Live" anyways, it just slows everything down

 
At 1:54 AM, February 13, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice :)
;))

 
At 2:41 PM, November 20, 2009, Anonymous Generic Caverta said...

hey friend excellent information about Shiney New Hotmail! this information is very useful!!

 
At 12:17 PM, February 18, 2010, Anonymous Dinero Online said...

I really like this blog, you are very good making them. I say that the issue discussed in this blog is quite interesting and of high quality.

 
At 6:39 PM, February 20, 2010, Anonymous invierta en franquicias said...

I look forward to reading more on the topic in the future. Keep up the good work! This blog is going to be great resource. Love reading it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home